Jalbirri Googums Products & Services
Our hens are truly free range
With a maximum of one bird per 14 square meters (compared to the free range industry standard of 1 bird per square meter!)
Our free range birds are free to roam
Sunbake, have dirt baths as well as enjoy a varied diet consisting of insects, grasses, and weeds. (They are not at all encased in a giant shed for most of the day.)
Freshest eggs, collected daily
Delivered as a free range product no longer than 7 days old.
We do not de-beak the birds
We do not condone this practice (it is necessary for some egg production businesses) however for us and our true free range practice it isn’t necessary and we choose not to de-beak. The practice of de-beaking originated in conventional systems to prevent cannibalism (and death) due to overcrowding, boredom and not having the room to escape harassment from other birds.
The yolk colour will vary
Depending on the changing seasons and grasses available for consumption throughout the year. Drought and frosts on the plains will affect the grasses growth and availability. There are NO additives in our chook feed to produce a brighter yolk.
We support local businesses too
We purchase our birds as point of lay pullets from a local breeder, and our layer mash is sourced locally
Our hens are able to behave naturally
As chooks should with a “pecking order” (hierarchy between birds). Having plenty of room to roam, the lower hierarchy birds are able to escape the “bosses” if needed (due to minor harassment which is normal behaviour).
Commercial deliveries 1-2 times per week to various restaurants and retailers.
You can currently find our eggs at the following Locations:
- Westridge Fruit and Veg shop at the the Westridge shopping centre along West St, Toowoomba.
- Spar Makenzie Row Shop on 36 Campbell Street, East Toowoomba.
- My Local Feast Farmers Markets stall run by Smart Starts - Sewing the Seeds for Success held at the Cobb & Co Museum Grounds at 27 Lindsay St, Toowoomba City.
- Brisbane Wholesaler Handsourced
- The Bakers Duck - Shed 1, 55 Bellevue Street, Toowoomba.
- Simons Gourmet Gallery - 10/620 Moggill Road, Chapel Hill, Brisbane.
- Revolution Health and Fitness
More outlets to be announced as they come on board.
Restaurants that are using our eggs:
If you are interested in stocking our eggs or you are after commercial and wholesale orders please contact us on 0458938580.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE:
- The future of sustainable food production is in the hands of future generations. We are the ones who must drive the change.
- Continue to find new innovative ways to increase production while reducing environmental impacts to create a sustainable future.
- Decrease reliance on artificial fertilisers and chemicals, heading towards a future with minimal (if any) use of them.
- We continue to farm with an open mind, embrace change, improve our practices, develop technology and continue to evolve.
- As an industry, we must drive the change and not rely on governments. We will reap the benefits.